DFS2108 - Spreadheet Methods (Excel) (QQI Level 5)
- Category: Office Admin Level 5
DFS2108 - Spreadsheet Methods (QQI Level 5)
|Night||Mondays 6.30pm - 9.30pm|
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to create and modify spreadsheets under supervision, using common spreadsheet features.
Basic computer skills required.
All DIFE Night School students receive free Microsoft Office licence for one year
Classes may go online depending on Government Restrictions
Class starts Monday 1st February 2021 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Learners will be able to:
- Investigate a range of common uses for spreadsheets
- Explore key spreadsheet elements including cells, cell references, numeric, alpha, and alphanumeric data, formulae, functions, graphs and macros
- Demonstrate common spreadsheet usability features to include the use of toolbars, window management, sorting, and filtering
- Use spreadsheet design features involving data and cell formatting techniques which enhance understanding and legibility
- Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution, and management of simple macros
- Print complete or partial sections of a spreadsheet, formatted fit for presentation
- Use advanced spreadsheet features including absolute and relative cell references, conditional IF statements, statistical, financial, and date and time functions
- Generate a variety of types of graphs, with appropriate titles and labels, from spreadsheet data
- Produce a spreadsheet, with minimal supervision, that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose
- Demonstrate personal initiative and resourcefulness in editing and amending spreadsheets to ensure they are fit for purpose.
For full Module Descriptor Click here