DFS2105 - Bookkeeping Manual & Computerised (QQI Level 5)
- Category: Office Admin Level 5
DFA2105- Bookkeeping Manual & Computerised (QQI Level 5)
|Night||Tuesday 6.30pm - 9.30pm|
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to produce and maintain accurate bookkeeping records for a range of organisations, using manual and computerised systems.
Basic computer skills required.
Software package will be supplied at no extra cost.
All DIFE Night School students receive free Microsoft Office licence for one year
Classes may go online depending on Government Restrictions
Course starts Tuesday 2nd February 2021. 6.30pm - 9.30pm.
Learners will be able to:
- Explain the key terminology associated with the recording and maintenance of bookkeeping records, using manual and computerised systems.
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of a computerised system over a manual one for record keeping purposes.
- Complete the books of first entry with appropriate VAT and departmental analysis from the information contained in a range of source documents to include; invoices, credit notes, bank records and petty cash vouchers.
- Post the information from the daybooks to the appropriate accounts in the ledgers.
- Extract a trial balance at the end of an accounting period.
- Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement from data supplied.
- Prepare the end-of-period VAT Return in accordance with the requirements of the Revenue Commissioners.
- Process all tasks as per the manual ones using an accounts package, comparing manual and computerised results.
- Analyse tasks completed making appropriate corrections to any errors and editing of data as directed.
- Print a selection of reports after backing up computerised data on a suitable medium.
For full Module Descriptor Click here