Welcome to DIFE Night Classes
DIFE Night Classes programme for Autumn 2020
All Courses are now FULL
Booking and Online enrolment commencing Tuesday 11th August
Classes Commence: Week starting Monday, 14th September
Note - No cash accepted
Class sizes limited to ensure social distancing
*New at DIFE Night School*
2 New Online Courses
5N1358 Word Processing
5N1977 Spreadsheet Methods (Excel)
All DIFE Night School students receive free Microsoft Office licence for one year
Please read the following FAQ before progressing to the course pages
How can I enrol?
- You can enrol online by clicking the course links at the bottom of this page, or at any time by going to the website www.louthnightclasses.ie and click on Drogheda Institute of Further Education, select your course and pay using a Debit or Credit card.
Will the courses be advertised?
- Yes, the New Autumn Term will feature in the Drogheda Leader and in the Drogheda Independent.
Do I need to pay in full?
- Yes all enrolment fees must be paid in full before the start of the course.
When is the last date I can enrol?
- The viability of courses will be decided after enrolling takes place. If a course has failed to reach an adequate number of students to run a decision will made after that date to suspend the course and those enrolled will be contacted and a refund arranged. All refunds will be returned to the card details provided on enrolling.
Will I hear from the college after I enrol?
- No. Once enrolled please assume that your class is going ahead and take a note of the start date and time of your course and come along on the first evening.
- All classes are self-financing, a minimum number of students are required.
- If a course fails to reach the required number you will be contacted by the Nightschool Office before the start date of your course.
- Fees will be refunded if a course is under-subscribed and fails to run.
- Fees are non-refundable once you have enrolled.
Are there any deductions available for the courses?
- Yes, there is a 20% reduction on the course fee if you are in receipt of a Social Welfare Payment. To avail of this reduction the Social Welfare Form needs to be completed and stamped by the Department of Social Welfare and returned to the night office on commencement of classes.
Click here to download the form.
Do I need to bring anything with me on the first evening?
- Your course description will provide details regarding any additional materials if necessary other than pen and paper.
Are there tea/coffee facilities?
- To Be Confirmed
Is there parking available?
- Yes there is free parking available on the grounds of Drogheda Institute of Further Education.
Do I need to complete QQI Level 5 Early Childhood Care and Education before commencing Level 6 Early Childhood Care and Education?
- It is our recommendation that students consider completing the QQI Level 5 Early Childhood Care and Education before progressing onto Level 6. We feel that the Level 5 provides students with a good foundation before progressing onto a higher level.
Who provides work placement and Garda Vetting?
- If work placement is a requirement of your course it is the student’s responsibility to organize their own work placement. Garda Vetting can be arranged by your work placement or alternatively you can fill out the form on commencement of classes.
Fees must be paid on or before enrolment - No Cash Payments
Students who pay by credit or debit card should take note of the start day and date of their course.
Click below to apply for a course
or click the links below to browse our courses available for the Autumn Term 2020:
---All places are given on a First-Come-First-Served basis---
Bookkeeping is now FULL
Level 5 Special Needs Assisting is now FULL
Level 6 Special Needs Assisting is now FULL